Sunday, February 15, 2009










What is up with Sydney? She is obviously sleep-deprived. She is the only one who is still suffering from this weird sleeping sickness. Yes, she is sleeping in Zack's car seat. Doesn't that look cozy.

Of course, that day had been very exciting. At preschool they had their Valentine's Day party and the wedding of Q and U. The flower barrette in her hair and the beribboned flower she is holding even in her sleep were given to her by her teacher for the wedding. She has the most fantastic teacher. Preschool is doing wonders for her.

Her amazing logic also tends to astound me. Last Sunday night I said, "Sydney, what do you want to talk about for our Family Home Evening lesson tomorrow."

She responded, "Airplanes."

"I'm not sure that's a great lesson topic," I said.

"Why," she asked.

"Because Family Home Evening lesson are supposed to be about ways we can be closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus."

"Well, we are on the ground and Heavenly Father and Jesus are way up in Heaven. If we go up in an airplane, then we are closer to Them."

See? You can't really argue with her. She stumps me all the time.

And, of course, there was Valentine's Day. Sydney and I made the candy ipods for her class. We made ten, so it took about an hour. She was really excited and glad that I made enough for her to have one.






Here are the girls showing off their Valentine's Day gifts yesterday. I think the sunglasses stay on better if Tansy is making this weird, bottom-teeth-in-front face.




















Zack had his well-child visit on Monday. We discovered that he had lost almost a pound while he was sick with RSV. Poor guy. Other than that, he checked out perfectly--big, huge 96% head and all.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Melanie, you crack me up! I always laugh at the things your kids do and say. I love Sydney's logic with the airplane, you have the cutest family!

Holmes said...

I think the ipod idea is way cute.

Misty said...

I WISH that Jack would just lay down and sleep somewhere!! He has not fallen asleep outside of his crib since he was a newborn!! I guess he just doesn't stop long enough to know that he is tired! :) Your kids are such cuties...and they have a cute mom too!!

stephmtz said...

You are so much more ambitious than I am. Those ipod valentines were awesome. Keep up the good ideas that I won't do.

Ryan & Keri said...

Sidney is such a character! I love it! And I love that she is so full of life and ideas and learning! What a sweet girl! Also, what's going on with her sleep sickness? Does she have mono or something? I hope all is well there. On your post below, was the high councilman saying that we shouldn't share spiritual insights? I have always thought of my blog as a missionary tool. Maybe that's over the top, but I just have always felt that way. I don't know.