It was Red Ribbon Week at school, which meant another straight week of dressing up EVERY DAY. Come on, people. We just survived Homecoming week. Monday was wacky clothes and the only day I took a picture. She was so excited that she bounced around all morning.

At Tuesday night's soccer game, Sydney scored her first goal! It was also the only goal of the game for either team. Yeah, Syd!

On Wednesday, we finally got around to carving the pumpkins. The girls each decided what theirs would look like.

Tansy had to have a vampire. I know you can see the Sharpie lines. I really don't like to carve pumpkins.

Zack was not sure about this whole thing. He was really excited while we cleaned it out and while I was carving it. When I finished and showed it to him, he totally freaked out. He was so scared! I couldn't stop laughing. Since his pumpkin is really scary.

On Saturday morning, we went to our a Halloween party thrown by our good friends, the Fosters. I wasn't about to let the kids mess up the costumes I had worked so hard on, so we had to improvise from the dress up drawer. Zack really knows how to accessorize.
Awesome footage of the kids trying to eat doughnuts with no hands.
A brief dance party between games.
We also had pizza and decorated cookies before we all had to get our little ones down for naps.
Late yesterday afternoon, we went to the ward potluck and trunk or treat. Zack hasn't really had any trick or treating experience since he was three months old for his first Halloween, and I had H1N1 for his second Halloween. At the first car, he took out his candy and tossed it back in the other person's bucket. I guess he thought that was the game. Like all kids, he caught on pretty quickly.
I also got pictures of the kids' costumes. Sydney wanted to be a red dragon.
Tansy had her heart set on being a ghost. When I put her costume on the first time, she rubbed her belly and said, "Wow, Mom. I look good."

Zack was supposed to be Buzz Lightyear, using a costume a neighbor gave us. We had to hide because he wanted to wear it all the time. Until last night. He lasted less than one minute before he was screaming to get out. So we went with the improvised costume again.
After the ward activity, we came back home and did some more trick or treating until the kids got tired. We finished off the night by watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" and some Halloween candy.
Since today was actually Halloween, and I am sick, I decided that I could combine festive and simple by making Jack-o-lantern pancakes. The kids loved it!
Especially Tyler.

We finished our festivities by reading a few Halloween books and called it good. Happy Halloween, everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment