We went to the temple yesterday with our friends the Fosters. I realized about an hour in to the drive that I had forgotten the camera again.
We managed to get out of the house by 7:00 as planned. The kids made it twenty minutes before asking for a movie. Things were going pretty well until about 2 1/2 hours in to the trip. Tyler got car sick and threw up all over himself. I hadn't brought any extra clothes so we made a quick stop at Walmart and picked up a new shirt for him. He had to spend the last 1/2 hour in his gross clothes until we got to the temple. Then I was able to take him in to the bathroom in the visitors' center and clean him up. I washed out his shirt and his pants, which also had a little bit on them. He got to be the pantsless wonder for most of the day.
Ben and I went in first and did some sealings, but since they didn't have many people there, we weren't able to do very many. Ben stayed in the temple to help out because the Fosters also wanted to do sealings. I had all six kids by myself for over two hours. I was surprised it took so long, but a lot of other people had come and they got a lot done. There were so many people at the visitors' center waiting room. It was really crazy.
When they got back, we packed up and went to Golden Corral. After everyone ate their fill, we had potty trips and diaper changes and headed home. We were so exhausted. I couldn't keep my eyes open, and everyone was so fussy. We stopped for another potty break about a half hour from home, but we finally made it.
We got everyone in their pajamas and headed to bed. I asked Tansy where her puppy was, and she burst in to tears saying she had left it in a locker at the temple with her Pinkalicious doll. How had I forgotten to check the lockers. I called a sister in the ward who works in the temple, but she wasn't going any time soon. She suggested I call another sister, who happens to be going on Wednesday. I am going to call to see if someone can locate Tansy's toys and have this sister bring them back on Wednesday.
I know it sounds like an ordeal, and it was, but until we get our temple in Kansas City done, this is apparently what it takes for our family to go to the temple. I just look forward to the chaos of travel being a bit more balanced with the peace of the temple when we start attending in Kansas City. Here's hoping next month isn't quite so crazy.
July Fun
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
Good job! It reminds me of when we lived in Laramie Wyoming. We had to drive almost 4 hours to Denver. Our little Dejah also puked on the way, and we also had to stop at Walmart fro a new outfit. Good times!
Oh and my husband might be in Kansas City in June for an eight day stay. Anything you recommend to keep him entertained?
Sounds like an adventure! To everything there is a season...there will be a time when it is not so crazy...at least that is what people tell me! ;)
That's so good that you guys are willing to make that sacrifice to be able to serve the Lord and His children. You guys are amazing! I miss you.
Post a Comment